The Appleton REIA
Code of Ethics
AREIA members are expected to be civic minded and willing to operate with high standards of honesty and integrity. It is our duty to conduct ourselves with the highest principles of the free enterprise system. We wish AREIA to be synonymous with competency and fairness. As AREIA members, we hereby bind ourselves to this code of ethics.
- We shall not discriminate against any person with regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, handicap or familial status as defined by current law.
- We shall recognize that real estate is a service related industry.
- We shall refrain from engaging in any illegal practices, or defrauding any member, customer or associate, with the aim of always conducting business in a professional manner.
- We shall endeavor to stay informed and updated on matters affecting housing in our communities, and adhere to local, state and federal laws.
- We are all individually responsible for our own due diligence and continuing education. Members are expected to verify any and all assumptions regarding business decisions to prevent falling victim to fraud, misrepresentations and illegal practices.
Further, if any allegations of conduct considered detrimental to the purposes and interests of AREIA are received in a written and signed communication to the Appleton REIA, we will take necessary steps to keep the members and community safe from harm. Should a decision to take further action be made, the AREIA shall furnish a copy of said allegation(s) to the accused, who shall be given adequate time to reply.